Announcement of the 2016 Radiative Properties of Hot Dense Matter Meeting in Santa Barbara, CA
The website for the meeting is now available at https://sites.google.com/site/rphdm2016/
Please consider registering and submitting a paper (Apologies for repeat notifications)
- The meeting will be held 5 through 9 December 2016. Organized sessions will be held in the morning and afternoon on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and in the morning on Wednesday and Friday. All sessions and functions will be held at The Fess Parker Doubletree by Hilton Resort.
- Organized sessions will consist of invited oral presentations of 20 to 30 minutes in duration including discussion. There will be no parallel sessions. There will be one afternoon poster session that will be held Thursday afternoon. The workshop is kept purposefully small, so the number of presentations is limited.
- Those who wish to speak, or to nominate others, should communicate a brief (two-line) statement of the topic by October 1, 2016.
- The meeting hotel is well located at the waterfront in Santa Barbara.
- Santa Barbara is a town with much charm and many excellent restaurants. A block of rooms has been reserved for workshop participants at the rate of $169 single or double occupancy.
- The block is guarantied until November 2, 2016. Since the normal room rate is much higher, do not delay reserving a room.
- Information on obtaining a Hotel reservation for RPHDM2016 Here is the link so that you can book at the discounted rate online. If you would prefer to call in, the best number to use is 1-877-893-0892. It would be best to ask for RPHDM, although “Radiative Properties” should also work. As there is a limited amount of identifiable information that the reservations agents can see, we put RPHDM and Radiative, hopefully that will cover it. The website is https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=14459881 . Participants should select “Attendee” from the drop down menu on the first screen.
- The conference registration fee $450 before 1 October 2016 and $665 thereafter. To encourage STUDENTS to attend, the registration fee for students is $350. This fee includes all social events and food service. All functions, are open to spouses or other guests, for an additional fee of $125 per guest. The conference fee should be paid in US Dollars ($).
Further information will be provided upon submission of your online registration form on the Conference website that will be available at https://sites.google.com/site/rphdm2016/.
Richard W. Lee (RichardWLee32@gmail.com), IMDEC UC Berkeley